Monday, June 08, 2009

Phew!

Well after the debacle against the Netherlands it was relieving to see England step up and deal with a very tricky match against Pakistan so professionally.

The loss to the Dutch was utterly shocking but Twenty20 can be like that 'cause the game can get away from you so quickly. Against Pakistan that never really looked like happening. It would have been pretty shocking to go out of the tournament after just two days so I'm very glad we won.

England's footy players dealt with an arduous trip out to central Asia pretty professionally too with a fairly comfortable 4-0 win (once we'd settled down) and finally the Lions continued their winning ways although they were given a scare against the Ceetahs as they almost blew a 20 point lead.

Also great to see Roger Federer complete his career grand slam because he really is one of the greatest.

1 comment:

TSP said...

I have a buddy who was quite upset at the loss to the Dutch, and another buddy who made a chunk of change from him on a bet.

Oh, and before I forget, I have a question for you. I don't really want to post it here so could you send me an email? My address is in my blogger profile. Thanks!

- Trevor