Friday, September 12, 2008

St Domingo one, Everton Church club association nil.

Noticed this over on ToffeeWeb. The only known match report for Everton under their original name of St Domingo. It seems we played on the 20th of October 1879 at Stanley Park and won one nil. Come on you blues!

St Domingo 1, Everton Church Club (Association) 0.

"ST. DOMINGO v EVERTON CHURCH CLUB (ASSOCIATION)
This match was played at the ground of the former, at Stanley park, on Saturday last, and after a closely contested game victory rested with the St. Domingo by one goal to nil."

Great to hear little gems of Everton's history get unearthed after all this time.

1 comment:

TSP said...

Great blog.

I really like your style. Anyway, I did have one idea that you might be keen to, so shoot me an email for more info. (My address is found in my blogger profile).

TSP