Monday, July 30, 2007

tired & happy

Just got back from my (almost) annual stint doing voluntary work for the Liverpool Archdiocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes. It was my fifth year and I am pretty sure it was one of the best I've ever been on.

Basically we all pop down to the Pyraness to help sick and elderly pilgrims visit the shrines & spring at Lourdes where Our Lady appeared to Bernadette Soubirous 149 years ago. Hard work but it was really, really enjoyable. Everyone mucked in, old hands and first years alike....there was lots to keep us busy but we managed to sort it all out. It was a great feeling 'cause it really did feel like we had it sorted...very professional set-up.

Once we've clocked off we do always try and meet up for beers in the Jeanne D'Arc. I am frightened to imagine the ratio between the time spent in the pub and the time spent in my hostel.

Ah well....recovering now. Pretty knackered but it's a good knackered. Thanks to everyone who helped make it such a great, great week.

No comments: